Saturday 30 July 2016

Keef for President. Fuck Trump

I noticed recently that this tee is available from those purveyors of fine style The Selvedge Yard.
I'm really not sure how long it has been available there but I certainly hadn't seen it until within this last year or so, but here yours truly is modelling (ahem) a true original bought from the tee's designer Rohan Pugh from the public bar at The George in St Kilda at least ten years ago. 
I remember that I'd picked up a copy of Inpress and as usual I'd turned to Fred Negro's PUB strip first and there was an illustration of this design and instructions that they would be on sale at The George . 
From memory there were certainly no more than 50 made in this first run. I snagged two, one being a hexmass present for my ex-wife (who is well into her K.R.)
I do remember pretty soonish absolutely fugn terrible rip offs of the design (eg) started appearing for sale in the back pages of Mojo and Uncut etc. 
I do hope that Rohan gets a percentage from ALL the versions.


Fred Negro - Sloop John B (Filmed by Rohan Pugh)

Fred's Love (Filmed by Rohan Pugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment