Monday 17 November 2014

Black Cab at Melbourne Town Hall

Well it was a spectacle for sure. Utilising the organ at the Town Hall looked great on paper and certainly was interesting live though not helped by the swimming pool acoustics of the venue but I think they made a few new fans if the after gig sales of the new CD are anything to go by. It was just a real pity that it was only a half hour set. All in all not one of the best gigs I have seen by them but you have another chance when their album launch takes place at Howlers on November 29th to witness how powerful they really can be live
So what about Tangerine Dream I hear you ask? Well fifteen minutes was all I could handle...you know I am going to have a problem when our asshat Lord Mayor digs them. Really do think that a Black Cab/Oneohtrix Point Never double bill would have been more up my alley. But hey looking on the bright side I didn't smell any patchouli oil, oh and Edgar, Melbourne is actually in Australia not New Zealand.
My thanks to Andrew for putting me on the door last night and James it was a missed opportunity to wear your Phantom Of The Opera Mask

No comments:

Post a Comment