Thursday 21 May 2009

Fireball XL5 - Intro & credits


(Thanx to 'coisas do arco da velha')

A Sad Story:
When I was about 5 I got from Santa a Fireball XL5 rocket that you shot up into the air with a catapult and it would separate in two and float down to earth on parachutes.
At least that was what should have happened!
Xmas morning and I went up to the hills behind where I lived with my Dad and shot my rocket up into the air only to see one half of it parachute down a couple of hundred feet into the quarry, where of course we were not allowed to go.
One launch that was all I got (bugger!)

NB: Trivia fans - the closing song is performed by Don Spencer who is Russell Crowe's father-in-law!
('Feathers, Furs & Fins' eh kids?)
TV21

1 comment:

  1. Excellent.
    Fireball's still great fun to watch.
    SO sorry to hear about your lost rocket!
    Reminds me of when I left my brand new Captain Scarlet hat in a playground on an estate near us, only for it to have vanished when I went back to collect it.
    *sniff*

    There's an interesting (and hilarious) take on Fireball XL5 in Alan Moore's League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen The Black Dossier (particularly regarding Zoony!)
    "Wee-e-e-lcome Ho-o-om-e"
    hee hee

    ReplyDelete